This zesty curry is delicious and warms the body. The fresh ginger and spices make it so delectable, the water chestnuts are a nice touch and the green beans add a big crunch.
- 1-2 Diced onions
- 1 cup of green beans – small pieces cut (bite size)
- 1 package of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 can of slice water chestnuts
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala ground
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of tamari sauce
- ½ cup of organic veggie stock
- 1 large piece of fresh ginger peeled and ground
- 5-6 cloves of fresh garlic pressed
Cook onions, mushrooms, carrots and celery in a pot with veggie stock.
Cook until onions are translucent and mushrooms start to soften.
Add in all the spices, tamari, garlic, ginger, and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes on medium heat while stirring.
Add in water chestnuts and can of coconut milk.
Cook for an additional 10 minutes and add in the green beans and cook just until they are still slightly crunchy.
Nutrition based on 3 servings: Calories 289, Fat 20.8g, Carb 25.9g, Fiber 7.8g, Protein 6.4g