Whether you’re making these for yourself or for little ones, they are a wonderful addition to breakfast with a smoothie or an afternoon power snack. I make them “mini” size so they are perfect for little hands and then you have no food guilt (not that you should anyhow) when you eat three or four of them.
Makes 20 mini muffins or 10 big muffins | Takes 30 mins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 flax eggs *INSTRUCTION
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Then add the wet to the dry ingredients.
- Place batter into muffin tin cups or grease a muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes for mini muffins or 20 minutes for regular size or until a fork inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Makes 15-20 mini muffins. Or 10 if you make them larger.
- *Each flax egg: 1 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 2.5 tbsp water
- *Flaxseed meal: ground raw flaxseed